Clinical psychology is a specialisation focusing on psychopathology and the assessment and treatment of clinical disorders across the life span. Students of the Clinical Psychology program at the Swinburne University of Technology will develop advanced knowledge/skills and experience in psychopathology, assessment and therapeutic interventions for adults and children suffering from clinical disorders.
Graduates are equipped for careers in clinical psychology in universities, research centres, psychiatric hospital settings, community mental health centres, and in specialist services for particular clinical groups, clinical rehabilitation services and private practice.
Aims and objectives
The program is designed to meet the strong demand for professionals who have completed a high level of training in clinical psychology and related skills, and who possess highly developed skills in undertaking research in clinical psychology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counselling Theory and Skills
- Advanced Psychological Assessment
- Adult Psychopathology
- Clinical Placement
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Research
- Child Psychopathology and Assessment
- Systemic Family Counselling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 6 other PhDs in Clinical Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Swinburne University of Technology and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code 064191CCompletion of at least four years of studies in psychology at a high level of achievement in the last 10 years. For example:
- A four-year (or equivalent) sequence of studies in psychology at first or upper second class level in a course; or
- courses accredited by the Epicor have equivalent overseas qualifications recognised by the APS; and
- Experience in face-to-face counselling or significant training in counselling skills e.g. Lifeline, Care Ring, counselling skills in tertiary programs or other appropriate work experience.
International candidates must obtain:
- a minimum IELTS overall band of 7.0 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 7.0; or
- satisfactory completion of the Swinburne English Language Centre EAP Advanced level certificate at the postgraduate level (EAP5 Advanced level with overall 75% and all skills 75% or above); or
- equivalent measures
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36360 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36360 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.