Working in multidisciplinary groups, students spend time with industry partners to identify gaps in the market and opportunities. Supported by mentors from industry and academia, students work on projects that match their skill set and pitch them to industry partners. Projects are taken through to research and development phases, and students develop detailed business plans through to commercialisation.
As a student in the Technology Innovation - Health, Arts and Design program at the Swinburne University of Technology , you will undertake supervised research with the aim of making a significant and original contribution to a discipline or profession. This program is suited to applicants who:
- have some prior research experience
- are interested in a pursuing a career in research
- have a desire to make an original contribution to research in a particular field
- have a naturally inquiring mind and a desire to know more
- wish to gain an internationally recognised qualification
- want to enhance their employment opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This program has been designed to support the development of industry-ready applied researchers in the field of biomedical devices and diagnostics. However, in principle it can be applied to any area of high-tech research and development.
- The program will take a designed approach to performing innovative research, initially focusing on a team-based approach to the identification and evaluation of customer needs, followed by the planning and execution of a solution-focussed research project.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesDesign General Engineering & Technology Health Informatics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS code 064191C
- Applicants must have completed at least four years (or equivalent) of tertiary education studies in a relevant discipline at a high level of achievement, and must have been approved for the award of the degree(s) for which they studied.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37900 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.