The Business Administration programme from University of Nicosia is ideal for candidates who wish to pursue a career in academia whereas the DBA is more appropriate for those who, after working for a few years, would like to advance their careers in industry by earning an advanced research degree.
PhD students need to take one course (Research Philosophy, Methodology and Methods) which aims to prepare PhD candidates for designing their study. The course lasts 4 days and it is offered in the first year of studies. For the DBA students are required to take four courses (Personal and Organizational Reflections; Literature Review; Research Philosophy, Methodology and Methods; Analysis of Information). Students need to be physically present for the Research Philosophy, Methodology and Methods course and normally are expected to be present for the other three DBA courses (even though there is flexibility in this and it can be discussed at the time the courses are offered). Thesis length is similar for both degrees (80.000 words) but the difference is that for the DBA assessed work from courses may be included in the final word count.
Upon successful completion of this program, the graduates should be able to:
- Perform comprehensive literature reviews of complex topics in business and related fields
- Analyse critically research findings and interpret them in relation to existing literature
- Design research programs
- Select and apply suitable methods for research programs
- Analyse data and critically evaluate research findings
- Write for publication in academic journals, books and other research outlets
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Personal and Organizational Reflections
- Litarature Review
- Research Philosophy, Methodol & Method
- Analysis of Information
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Application Deadlines for European and Local Students - Please call the Office of Admissions
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership International Business View 3 other PhDs in International Business in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An accredited master’s degree
- Proof of English proficiency. This is provided by EITHER a degree from an English speaking university OR TOEFL (paper based test 600, computer based test 250, internet based test 100) OR IELTS 6.5.
- An initial 2000-word research proposal outlining the research theme, aim and objectives, possible gap/s and proposed research methodology
- A Personal Statement of 500 – 1000 words outlining applicants’ individual competences and strengths and providing their reflections regarding the expectations and value of the programme as well as to their personal advancement and career development
- Letters of Recommendation – Two recommendation letters from individuals who have known the applicant in their educational or professional capacity
- Good academic record
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.