- Accounting Information & Management students at the Northwestern University receive rigorous training in the basic disciplines of economics and econometrics in addition to the more specialized areas of accounting and finance. The cross training our students receive in empirical and analytic research is one of the strengths of our program. Another major strength of our department is the collaboration between our faculty and PhD students on research projects, a collaboration that often begins within the first year.
- Accounting is the language of business and its role is key in communicating financial information to all parties engaged in any type of commerce. Accounting research focuses on the decisions of what, how, and to whom to communicate information and the consequences of these communications.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
We prepare students to conduct research on the use of accounting information:
- in the firm’s internal decision-making and performance evaluation functions;
- in the contractual relationships between the firm and both internal and external parties;
- in the functioning of capital markets
- by other stakeholders and potential stakeholders in the firm.
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We accept applications once a year, fall quarter only.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Accounting View 25 other Masters in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic Background
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation Letters
- Test Scores
- Certification of Proficiency in English
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.