- The Finance program at the Northwestern University aims to produce scholars who develop rigorous and creative research in finance and economics. Students are exposed to a variety of research methods in their coursework, and interact closely with faculty as they develop their own research projects. A distinctive characteristic of our program is its close ties with the Department of Economics, which are fostered by joint seminars, mutual advising of students, and frequent collaboration on research projects.
- The academic interests of the finance faculty also span a very broad range of topics in finance, from the role of culture and trust in financial markets to the identification of jump risk premiums. The breadth of knowledge and interests of our faculty create an environment that encourages students to conduct advanced research in novel aspects of the field.
Active Research Areas:
- Current theoretical and empirical research in Finance spans the areas of asset pricing and corporate finance. Research topics include corporate governance, household financial decisions, macro-finance, financial crises, the pricing of securities in financial markets, international finance, financial history, development economics, market microstructure, regulation, and financial econometrics.
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We accept applications once a year, fall quarter only.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 42 other PhDs in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic Background
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation Letters
- Test Scores
- Certification of Proficiency in English
Living costs for Evanston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.