- A distinctive feature of the Managerial Economics & Strategy program at the Northwestern University is its focus on rigorous methods and insights drawn from microeconomics. The program should appeal to students who wish to investigate economic questions in scenarios where the actions of individual decision makers (such as individual people, firms, or countries) play a key role in determining outcomes. The program is appropriate for students with an aptitude for analytical thinking, mathematical modeling, and formal analysis.
- The MECS program produces research scholars who obtain academic positions at top economics departments and business schools throughout the world. This objective is achieved by restricting class sizes (averaging 5-6 students entering per year), accelerating students’ exposure to the development of research ideas, and by providing access to courses taught in the MEDS and Strategy Departments along with Northwestern’s Economics Department.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Active Research Areas:
- contract economics, decision theory, development economics, economics of innovation, economics of organization, economic theory, game theory, health economics, industrial organization, mechanism and market design, technology and innovation, political economy, and social choice
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We accept applications once a year, fall quarter only.
DisciplinesEconomics Management, Organisation & Leadership View 57 other Masters in Economics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic Background
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation Letters
- Test Scores
- Certification of Proficiency in English
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.