The Doctor of Education is the highest degree focusing on the practice of education.
- Graduates of the Doctoral program in Interdisciplinary Educational Studies at Long Island University (LIU) pursue careers as superintendents, principals, senior-level administrators, curriculum developers, policy analysts, and educational consultants; work in a wide variety of settings, such as public and non-public schools, state departments of education, national and state professional organizations, special education service units and private corporations; and become professors and researchers in colleges and universities.
All undergraduate and graduate programs at LIU Post are registered with the New York State Education Department and accredited by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Interdisciplinary issues that will be woven throughout the doctoral curriculum are organized in the following categories:
- Child-Centered Education
- Reform and Transformation in Education
- The Cultures of Pre-kindergarten - 16 Education
- Pedagogical Innovations
- Educational Leadership in Pre-k - 16 or Higher Education Systems
- Educational Policy Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications for the fall cohort are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesEducation View 164 other PhDs in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Required Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcript(s) from any college(s) you have attended. Photocopies or student copies are not considered official.
- Three letters of recommendation are required.
- Write a statement describing your educational and professional goals and discuss what you hope to gain from doctoral study at Long Island University.
- Write a statement describing your primary areas of research or inquiry interest. The statement should be one to three pages in length.
- Submit a curriculum vitae or résumé, indicating at least three years of successful teaching, leadership or equivalent experience in educational practice.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.