There are four key strands around which course delivery is organised:
- Academic Competence
- Clinical Competence
- Research Competence
- Personal Development.
Programme delivery is through active learning workshops based on adult learning principles including experiential learning, skills practice and reflective practice.
The Clinical Psychology programme of the University of Limerick is primarily based on the principles of life-span developmental psychology as applied in the clinical setting. There is a strong emphasis on empirically based theoretical orientations including psychodynamic, cognitive and behavioural theories. Programme delivery is through active learning workshops based on adult learning principles including experiential learning, skills practice and reflective practice.
- Child & Adolescent Clinical Psychology
- Research Methods
- Personal Development
- Child & Adolescent Clinical Placements
- Qualitative and Quantatative Research Projects.
- Adult Clinical Psychology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 3 other PhDs in Clinical Psychology in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must, at the time of application, hold a primary honours degree with an award of 2H1 in Psychology or postgraduate diploma in Psychology (as recognised by the Psychological Society of Ireland, (PSI)as conferring eligibility for graduate membership of the Society.
- Applicants who have a 2.2 Degree in Psychology and a recognised postgraduate qualification in Psychology at Masters level or higher may be considered for interview.
- Practical and/or research experience relevant to clinical psychology is also required.
- English language qualification if English is not your first language
- Certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
- A copy of your birth certificate/passport
- A passport sized photo
- 2 References - 1 Clinical (work related) and 1 Academic
- Summary CV - maximum of 2 pages
- Completed Work Experience form
International37601 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37601 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA13628 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13628 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.