The School for Practical Gardening (1853-1860) was the first institution of horticultural professional training in Hungary. By virtue of the resolution adopted by the Hungarian Parliament, the University took on the name "Corvinus University of Budapest" as of September 1 of 2004.
The University admitting more than 14,000 students offers educational programmes in agricultural sciences, business administration, economics, and social sciences, and most these disciplines assure it a leading position in Hungarian higher education. At the same time, its key ambition is to display the institution's uniqueness and to exploit the synergies resulting form professional diversity and from studying multiple disciplines.
The mission of the Career Development Office is to connect highly trained students and the academic and business world, and to establish an employment culture where students receive help in finding the most suitable job in terms of interests and knowledge, by promoting the means of conscious career building.
The University Library of Corvinus University of Budapest is an academic library aiming to provide excellent resources and services to support the learning, teaching and research activities at the University. There are four reading rooms, two computer labs, a newspaper reading room and an Economic History Research Library.
The Information Technology Center (ITC) is in charge of maintenance of all computers installed at Corvinus University. The aim of ITC is to improve the university’s qualities and effectiveness through the implementation and maintenance of information technology.
CUB’s computer network consists of about 1200 computers in auditoriums and other various places throughout the premises.