The goals of the PhD programme at the The Chinese University of Hong Kong are
- to teach students the latest theories and methods of Anthropology, covering the full range of areas addressed by social and cultural anthropology in the past and at present,
- to provide students with the anthropological training and guidance to carry out their own extended ethnographic research projects from start (proposal), to fieldwork and write-up, to finish (publication),
- to train students in producing a publishable book that demonstrates their ability in meeting international professional standards of research and analysis.
- Seminars in Hong Kong Studies
- Seminars in the Anthropology of China.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Master's degree obtained from a recognized university; or
- A Bachelor's degree, normally with Second Class Honours in the upper division or above, and been registered in a course of study for a Master's degree at this University for at least one year and demonstrated research ability; or
- Been registered in a course of study for a doctoral degree at a recognized university for at least one year, and been approved for admission by the Graduate Council; or
- Obtained the degrees of MBChB, or equivalent, or under special circumstances, a Bachelor's degree, for admission to programmes of the Faculty of Medicine.
International5383 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5383 USD per year
National5383 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5383 USD per year
HK$42,100 per annum regardless of the study mode.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.