International Master's and International Doctoral Programs at Kyushu University in Integrated Sciences for Global Society, taught entirely in English, cover a wide range of subjects of Earth and Biological Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, each with strong interdisciplinary emphasis.
Our Graduate School offers six different courses of
- Comprehensive Earth Sciences,
- Comprehensive Sciences of Biological Environment,
- International Cooperation, Security and Safety,
- Social Diversity and Coexistence,
- Language, Media and Communication,
- Comprehensive East Asian and Japanese Studies.
The interdisciplinary course works across these different courses to provide students with improved professional skills and to develop advanced knowledge for understanding Global Society and for finding solutions to global problems.
Training classes for fieldwork will also be offered to students. Among the School's points of pride is the faculty and student participation in Polar Earth Science projects with the National Institute of Polar Research, and in nature conservation projects with the National Museum of Nature and Science.
- Subjects offered in these courses are as follows: Geology, Petrology, Mineralogy, Geophysics, Biological Diversity, Entomology, Molecular Evolution, Ecological Anthropology, Geography, International Relations, Political Science, History of Technology, Economic History, Business History, Cultural Anthropology, Gender Studies, Japanese Modern Literature, Chinese Literature, Communications Studies, Applied Linguistics, Japanese Language Education, Archeology, Biological Anthropology, Japanese History, Japanese Studies, and Asian Regional Studies.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Area & Cultural Studies Political Science View 3 other PhDs in Area & Cultural Studies in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Have either a Master’s Degree, a Professional Degree, or equivalent
International5164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2582 USD per semester during 36 months.
National5164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2582 USD per semester during 36 months.
- 267,900 Yen per semester
Living costs for Fukuoka
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.