The Doctoral Program in Accounting at the University of Melbourne is made up of a 2-year Master of Commerce coursework program followed by a 3-year PhD.
Generous scholarships (full fee waivers and a stipend of AUD$30,000 per year) are available for high-performing applicants through the University of Melbourne.
Top-up funding of AUD $10,000 available for research, experiments and conferences during the research phase of the program.
Our PhD graduates have accepted positions at leading institutions both within Australia and internationally including the Australian National University, Monash University, Columbia University, Minnesota State University, Fordham and Singapore Management University.
Where will this take me?
The Melbourne Business School Doctoral program prepares graduates for research and teaching careers at top-ranked educational institutions and for careers where world-class research and advanced analytical skills are necessary.
Areas of specialisation:
- Capital markets-based accounting research
- Contracting theory and research
- Earnings management
- International financial reporting
- Performance management
- Performance impact of corporate downsizing
- Strategic cost management
- Strategy implementation
- Management control system design
- 60 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Accounting Commerce View 3 other PhDs in Commerce in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Code: 056955G | 092763F
In order to be considered for entry, you must have completed:
- a four-year bachelor degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and have achieved a minimum weighted average of 75% (80% for Economics) in the final year subjects or (University of Melbourne) equivalent, or
- a masters degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and achieved a minimum weighted average of 75% or (University of Melbourne) equivalent, or
- a qualification and professional experience considered to be equivalent.
International45824 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45824 AUD per year during 60 months.
National34816 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34816 AUD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.