The Physics programme from Kaunas University of Technology offers a wide range of topics and general experimental and theoretical research in the areas of meso, micro and nano structures, photonic structures, including their formation, analysis and application in plasmonics, bio sensors and alternative energy.
Research involves the use of new functional materials, modern technologies (electron-beam lithography, reactive plasma etching, and holographic lithography) and progressive research methods (spectroscopic ellipsometry, Raman scattering, Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy, ultra-rapid process spectroscopy, etc.).
Students of this programme have a possibility to acquire a double doctor degree at Shizuoka University (Japan).
Objective of PhD programme in physics is development of highly qualified researchers in the field of physics, who are able to conduct scientific research for solution of critical problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elective Chapters of Condensed Matter Physics
- Modelling Methods of Physical Processes and Structures
- Optics and Interaction
- Radiation Interaction with Matter
- Determined Chaos Theory
- Elective Chapters of Mathematical Physics
- Physical Processes in Radiation and Vacuum Technologies
- Spectroscopic and Ultrasound Analysis Methods of Materials
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
- Official legalised Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas or a higher education degree equivalents and academic transcripts.
- Copy of passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- References by two academic referees or researchers of the science field (one must be written by the supervisor of the research topic that you are applying to)
- List of scientific publications (also accepted publications)
- Copies of scientific publications
- Research proposal
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.