The Sustainable Environment programme at Hamad Bin Khalifa University is a doctoral program with a focus on topics related to sustainable environment, including the effects of human development, pollution, and population growth on the environment.
Students conduct original and guided environmental research that concentrates on issues surrounding the support of sustainable development.
The multidisciplinary approach to the curricula builds fundamental knowledge that evolves with the developments within the field, equipping graduates with the tools needed to pursue a wide variety of career paths.
- Core skills to build a successful career in science, engineering and technology-related areas, including ethics, technical writing, research methods, data analytics, and advanced computing methods.
- Fundamentals of sustainable development and human-environment interactions related to policy, social issues, engineering and technology, and the fundamentals of environmental processes.
- Water demand,resource management, and treatment processes.
Three core courses as per the MS program
Three elective courses
- Three semesters of graduate research seminars
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Hamad Bin Khalifa University and/or in Qatar, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants seeking admission to the PhD in Sustainable Environment should have a master’s degree from a recognized university with a strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent) in science and engineering disciplines. Students from architecture, urban planning, business, economics, policy, and social sciences demonstrating strong analytical skills will also be considered. Applicants with prior research experience are preferred.
- Applicants are required to submit an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English.
- Applicants are required to submit a GRE score at the time of application Applicants coming from an economics, policy and other social science backgrounds may submit results of the GMAT exam as an alternative to the GRE.
International25063 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75190 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
National25063 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75190 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
QAR 273,750 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.