The Juris Doctor programme from Hamad Bin Khalifa University was created through a strategic partnership with Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law.
Courses are taught in English, so graduates are prepared to work in the international legal market.
A JD degree differs from the undergraduate law degree in that it targets individuals who already hold an undergraduate degree, which can be in any subject, including law. The JD education builds on the student’s previous expertise and experience. JD students may pursue expertise in law that is aligned with their previous degree or move in a completely different direction.
The College of Law’s JD curriculum is comparable to the best offered internationally, and equips graduates with a high level of legal knowledge and complementary research, writing, and advocacy skills , thereby enabling them to make the most of a wide range of career options in the public sector, private corporations, law firms, international organizations, and academia.
JD graduates are also in a position to undertake further legal studies in other countries, such as the United States or in Europe.
In short, our JD graduates rise to the top as they have combined previous university education and training with three years of a rigorous, interdisciplinary legal education.
- Global Legal Systems
- Injury Law/Torts
- Legal Research and Writing
- Business Associations
- Constitutional Law
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEuropean Law Civil & Private Law Public Law
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA) from a recognized university.
- Applicants are required to submit an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English.
- Applicants should submit at least two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an academic referee.
- The personal statement should introduce the applicant to the Admissions Committee.Topics that may be discussed include, among others, personal or professional goals and personal, academic or career history. The committee looks beyond test scores and grade point averages in making selection decisions.
International15038 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45114 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
National15038 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45114 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
QAR 164,250 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.