Industrial Engineering (IE) is the scientific discipline that is concerned with how best to organize people, information, money, and materials to produce and distribute services and products efficiently.
The Industrial Engineering program from Bilkent University draws upon specialized knowledge and skills in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems.
Preparing and defending a dissertation based on original research is the essence of the program.
A paper based on the candidate's thesis must be accepted or published in a reputable journal before the dissertation can be defended. The expected duration to complete the Ph.D. program is eight semesters. The maximum durations is 12 semesters.
- Research Methods and Academic Publication Ethics
- Academic Practices
- Stochastic Processes
- Ph.D. Dissertation
- Mathematical Analysis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
21 credit units of course work beyond the M.S. level is required.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 5 other PhDs in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Turkey
- Submission of ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansüstü Eğitimi Giriş Sınavı/Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) or GRE scores. GMAT scores are required for graduate programs in Business Administration.)
- Fluency in written and oral English. Please see the websites of each graduate school for the list of accepted tests.
- Official transcripts.
- Recommendations from instructors or others qualified to evaluate academic ability.
International14500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 USD per year during 48 months.
National6258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6258 USD per year during 48 months.
- 14,500 USD for international students and 45.000 TL for Turkish students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.