The interdisciplinary approach of Aarhus University with a focus on high quality collaborations within both academia and the industry provides a dynamic and productive environment and a strong research tradition for excellence and high impact science.
- The iNANO center is highly international both in terms of academic staff and enrolled PhD students (with more than one third international PhD students). The daily language in the research groups is English, and the PhD programme is provided entirely in English. Danes generally speak English very well, and international students will easily manage in English only.
- The PhD study at iNANO is characterized by its international environment where different cultures meet, and the general atmosphere is very relaxed and welcoming. As a new PhD student, you will be welcomed by both your PhD partner from the Graduate School of Science and Technology and the in-house PhD administrator, who will help you with all aspects of your PhD which are not related to your research. When you arrive in Aarhus, you will also be invited to a PhD Introduction Day at a Faculty level, where you will meet other new PhD students and receive general information about your PhD study.
- At iNANO we have around 100 PhD students enrolled. Together with a large number of postdocs, this is the basis for a strong sense of community between the young researchers at iNANO. To strengthen this even further, iNANO each year arranges an Autumn School as a weekend trip for its enrolled PhD students. The Autumn School focuses both on professional and social aspects of being a PhD students and it provides numerous occasions for socializing and networking.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
There are several intakes throughout the year. GSNS must receive your application for a PhD position at least three months (for EU citizens) or four months (for international citizens) prior to the preferred start date.
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences General Engineering & Technology Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal information
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic background
- Financing - indicate sources and amounts of possible financial support, if any. Also, please see the "Financing and prospective supervisors" section above.
- Plan of study
- Project description for open calls (½-4 pages) - describe your ideas and research plans for your project.
Living costs for Aarhus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.