Monash University supports, promotes and conducts high quality research that holds significant impact in Australia and overseas. Graduates from Monash Education 's doctoral programs occupy senior positions in education and research in many countries around the world within both the public and private sector.
The PhD in Education at Monash University
Your research will aim to improve teaching practice and extend your expertise and skills relating to pressing educational issues. The thesis should make a significant contribution to human knowledge and theory, and demonstrate your ability to carry out independent research. The core research project is enhanced by professional development activities or coursework units that provide you with the skills required to make an impact in academia, industry, government or the wider community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum and pedagogy
- Early childhood education
- Educational psychology and inclusive education
- Mathematics, science and technology
- Teacher education, language, arts and professional learning
- Work, learning and leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Throughout the year
- Deadline: Applications for this course can be accepted at anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 11 other PhDs in Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Course Code: 041043E
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate a capacity to carry out independent research and have adequate training and ability to pursue the proposed course of study.
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master's degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners' reports will be taken into account; or
- have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33700 AUD per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic students are awarded an RTP Fees Offset which exempts them from tuition fees.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.