Monash University has a proud tradition of research excellence, and is committed to providing the highest quality of graduate research education. By undertaking your graduate studies at Monash, you will have the opportunity to be part of our stimulating and supportive and professional research environment.
Monash Law delivers diverse and innovative opportunities to undertake high quality and cross-disciplinary legal research.
Your study of the PhD in Law at Monash University will result in a research thesis or alternative approved output, which makes a valuable contribution to the current body of knowledge on your chosen topic. The research component is enhanced by professional development activities that provide you with the skills required to make an impact in academia, industry, government or the wider community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Doctor of Philosophy program may be undertaken in any area of research, including:
- Commercial law
- Comparative law
- Criminal law
- Administrative law
- Family law
- Health law
- Human rights law
- Environmental law
- Equity and property law
- Intellectual property law
- International trade law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Throughout the year
- Deadline: Applications for this course can be accepted at anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Business Law
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Course Code: 041046B
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master's degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners' reports will be taken into account; or
- have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37400 AUD per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 36 months.
- This course is supported by the Australian government's Research Training Program (RTP).
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.