Your study will culminate in a written thesis or alternative approved output, which offers a significant contribution to the current body of knowledge in your chosen research area. The research component of your degree is enhanced by a series of coursework units or professional development activities designed to provide you with the skills to make an impact in academia, industry, government or the wider community.
Undertaking a PhD in Business and Economics at Monash University is a chance to push the boundaries of contemporary business practice and have a hand in solving some of the biggest challenges facing industry today.
You will be supported by a minimum of two supervisors throughout your enrolment, both of whom are committed to your success.
Depending on your focus, you will be assigned to one of the following disciplines: Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Law and Taxation, Econometrics and Business Statistics, Economics, Management, Marketing or Specialist streams in Economics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting and finance
- Business law and taxation
- Econometrics and business statistics
- Health economics
- Policy studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Throughout the year
- Deadline: Applications for this course can be accepted at anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration View 14 other PhDs in Business Administration in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Course Code: 037832K
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate a capacity to carry out independent research and have adequate training and ability to pursue the proposed course of study.
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master's degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners' reports will be taken into account; or
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35000 AUD per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic: This course is supported by the Australian government's Research Training Program (RTP).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.