This is enhanced by professional development activities or coursework units that provide you with the skills required to make an impact in academia, industry, government or the wider community.
Research & thesis component
This Doctor of Philosophy involves the independent investigation of a research problem formulated by the candidate in consultation with their supervisors. You will produce a research thesis of no more than 80,000 words following one of the programs below:
- Film, media, communications and journalism
- Historical studies
- Linguistics and applied linguistics
- Literary and cultural studies
- Social and political sciences
- Theatre, performance and music
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureResearch opportunities and support
- Monash University is Australia's largest university and we have partnerships with over 100 universities worldwide, a Centre in Prato, Italy, and campuses in Malaysia and China, giving you more options to meet your local and global ambitions.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Throughout the year
- Deadline: Applications for this course can be accepted at anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 6 other PhDs in Visual Arts in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Course Code: 037831M
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master's degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners' reports will be taken into account; or
- have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.