Concordia University Montréal’s new industrial engineering PhD program in Industrial Engineering is one of only two currently offered in Quebec. It is thesis-oriented and provides students with solid fundamental and theoretical knowledge, as well as substantial research experience for innovative system design and problem solving in various research areas, including operations research and its applications, transportation systems, supply chain management, scheduling, stochastic optimization, quality control and reliability, Lean systems design, human factors and safety, production planning and inventory control, revenue management, and product design and development.
Faculty research in industrial engineering include:
- Operations research
- Lean Engineering
- Simulation of systems/Virtual Prototyping
- Flexible and Cellular Manufacturing Systems
- Logistics/Network Optimization
- Product design
- Theory of Operations Research
- Graph Theory with System Applications
- Lean Enterprise
- Advanced Quality Control
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission on a full-time basis
- Master’s degree or equivalent with high standing in engineering or computer science, or in a cognate discipline.
- Holders of a bachelor’s degree will, in general, be considered for admission to a master’s program only. After completion of a minimum of two terms of full-time study, they may, upon application, be considered by the GCS Graduate Studies Committee for admission to a PhD program.
Admission on a part-time basis
- Master’s degree with high standing in engineering, computer science or a cognate discipline.
International17955 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17955 CAD per year during 48 months.
National2921 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2921 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.