About the Program
The challenging curricula of the Neuroscience program of the Cyprus School of Molecular Medicine (a School of the Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics) includes mandatory taught courses which cover the main aspects of Medical Genetics and a number of elective courses enabling students to broaden their knowledge on other fields of Neuroscience. The PhD Research Projects on various aspects of Neuroscience are conducted in the state-of-the-art Departments and Clinics of the Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics (CING).
As an International Centre of Excellence, CING carries out pioneering research in Neuroscience and therefore provides PhD students with the knowledge and tools to complete a competitive Research or Library Project. PhD Students have the opportunity to attend courses (during their 1st year of studies) in innovative fields which include Brain and Behaviour, Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience, Neurosciences and Neurogenetics, Cytogenetics and Genomics, Molecular Genetics, Molecular Basis of Monogenic Diseases, Molecular Virology and Immunology and Molecular Basis of Complex Diseases.
- Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience
- Brain and Behaviour
- Neurosciences and Neurogenetics
- Molecular Basis of Monogenic Diseases
- Molecular Basis of Complex Diseases
- Gene and Cell Therapy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be admitted to the PhD Programs, a student must meet at least the minimum requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized accredited institution, in a related field.
- English Language Certification or other accepted International Standard, if graduated from a school where English is not the language of instruction.
- A Completed Online Application Form
- Two Academic References
- Academic Transcripts
- English Language Certificate (if not graduated from an English speaking University)
- High School Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent passport photo
International5450 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5450 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA5450 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5450 EUR per year during 48 months.
- The total costfor the PhD Program (€20,750) is divided over the duration 4 years. The cost for the first year of studies amounts to €5,450.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.