The objectives of the Electrical and Computer Engineering program of the American University of Beirut are to:
- provide students with research opportunities to acquire a depth of knowledge in one specialization area of electrical and computer engineering and familiarity with allied areas
- provide opportunities for doctoral students to develop competence in performing independent research, communicating effectively, and learning independently, • advance the state of electrical and computer engineering research at AUB, in Lebanon, and the region
- and advance the state of the art in electrical and computer engineering
Graduates of the program are expected to have:
- a breadth of knowledge in electrical and computer engineering, and a depth of knowledge in their specific area of research
- an ability to identify and define research problems
- experience in performing research and communicating the results effectively
- experience in doing independent academic work.
- and a published contribution to the existing literature in electrical and computer engineering.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Communications Engineering for Genetics and Bioinformatics
- Digital Integrated Circuits
- Reliability and Statistical Design
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- VLSI for Communications and Signal Processing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Computer Sciences
- The major area has to be in one of the ECE areas.
- Students must take at least 4 graduate courses, including courses prior to admission to the PhD program, in their PhD major area.
- Students must also take at least 2 graduate courses in their PhD minor area, including courses taken prior to admission to the PhD program.
- The minor courses have to be from one of the ECE areas.
- Academic transcripts from the institution(s) of higher education attended by the applicant
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test scores
- A written statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- A portfolio that includes a resume and samples of work
- An interview conducted with the ECE Graduate Committee (EGC) in person, by phone or over the Internet
- Satisfaction of the university requirements for admission to PhD programs
International13140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 48 months.
National13140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Beirut
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.