Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
- living expenses
HESPAL aims to help create the next generation of senior academics who can maintain international quality standards at Palestinian universities and to develop renewed, sustainable links between Palestinian and UK universities. The Scheme will upgrade junior academic staff in Palestinian universities through a master's Scholarship programme. LSE can make up to two joint awards per academic year.
The scholarship covers the following:
Bench fees if needed.
Monthly allowance to cover living expenses.
The Scholarship does not cover visa fees, IELTS cost, and Airfare ticket to and from the UK.
- Applicant must be a resident citizen of Occupied Palestinian Territories.
- Applicant must be currently employed by the Palestinian University which nominates them, which must be one of the participating Palestinian universities.
- Applicant with BA or Masters degree from a Palestinian University should have a minimum grade of very good (3.0) in UK (equivalent to 80% in local universities).
- No age limit required.
- Applicant must sign a written contract with their university declaring that they will return to Palestine and work in their university on completion of their degree.
- Applicant must have IELTS certification appropriate for course and university (minimum 6.5).
To apply for the scheme, applicants must contact the University Coordinator.
Study experience required
Applicants must provide the following supporting documents to British Council in Occupied Palestinian Territories before the deadline of the scholarship:
Completed copies of HESPAL application form (including details of 2 academic referees).
Certified proof of Palestinian ID and Occupied Palestinian Territories residency.
Nomination letter from the Palestinian University.
Proof of employment at the Palestinian University.
Proof of academic/work record – i.e. Degrees certificate and transcript translated into English including grades for each year of study of bachelor’s degree and/or masters degree.
IELTS certificate 6.5 and above.
Applicant must sign a written contract with their university declaring that they will return to Palestine and work in their university upon completion of their degree.