Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The Onassis Foundation Scholarship Program is for full-time doctaral studies.
Monthly amount: E 1,000 / Additional Allowance (for tuition fees or relocation expenses): E 5,000
Ability to claim PhD dissertation printing costs of up to EUR 1.000, subject to the requirements of the University Regulation
Ability to claim doctoral dissertation publication expenses for limited copies of up to EUR 2.000 fo those who are required to publish their doctoral dissertation subject to University Regulation
- Purposes: for full-time doctaral studies
- Programmes: for full-time doctoral studies at the place of study and not for distance learning, unless distance learning is preferred by the university due to force majeure or public health safety reasons, in Humanities, Social Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Natural & Agricultural Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences
- Scholarships are open to all those holding Greek citizenship and/or of Greek nationality, or to graduates of Greek universities who hold Greek High School Diplomas and are legal residents in Greece.
- Year of birth: 1988 onwards; exception for graduates of Medical School: 1985 onwards
- Level of study: PhD or MPhil/PhD or other equivalent title
- Lowest required Degree/Diploma’s GPA: Equivalent GPA with Greek Universities, certified by the Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Center (NARIC)
Study experience required
The annual announcement specifies all the supporting documents required for the submission of an application within the specific deadlines, according to the relevant announcement.
Candidates may submit an application for one specialization or one field of study with the exception of interdisciplinary programs of study.
An application cannot be accepted only on the grounds that it is submitted.
The Scholarship Department of the Foundation reviews all the submitted applications. All the eligible applications according to the scholarship announcement proceed to the comparative evaluation and selection process.
After the announcement of the results, the successful candidates who have been granted a scholarship, cannot change their proposed program of study, if they fail to be admitted in the program for which they have been assessed.
Deadline: for the submission of applications end February; announcement of the results through the website mid July