Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
- travel expenses
The scholarship supports PhD students associated with the Geospatial Research Institute Toi Hangarau (GRI).
$7,000 per annum
Grants for travel and other costs up to a value of $4,000 per annum.
- Candidates must have received an offer of admission to a programme for a PhD at the University.
- Candidates must have been approved by the GRI Director for undertaking, in association with the GRI, one of the PhD research projects advertised by the GRI.
- Candidates must have been offered one of the following scholarships, to support study on a GRI research project:
- A UC Doctoral Scholarship4
- A scholarship associated with the UC Doctoral Scholarship5
- A UC Doctoral Scholarship for Students with Disabilities.
Study experience required
No application is required: the GRI scholarship is awarded in conjunction with the UC Doctoral Scholarship and the UC Doctoral Scholarship for Students for Disabilities.