Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The International Merit Postgraduate Scholarship is available to all new international students who meet the eligibility criteria.
Each scholarship is a competitive award worth 25% of the original tuition fee for a postgraduate taught programme starting in September.
- Distance learning courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Masters programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- All Crossways courses and Erasmus Mundus courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and required to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for undergraduate scholarships.
- Anyone studying a Masters/integrated PhD programme is eligible for a merit scholarship in the Masters element of the programme only.
- These scholarships are not applicable to any postgraduate courses where the higher clinical fee is applicable.
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
- Applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for a course at the University of Sheffield.
- Applicant has clearly articulated future ambitions, these goals relate to the degree they have applied for.
- Applicant has a strong academic profile.