Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study in the UK on selected one-year courses, jointly supported by UK universities.
Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1236 per month, or £1516 per month for Scholars at universities in the London metropolitan area; this must be paid for the full duration of the scholarship
Warm clothing allowance of £479
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2023
- By October 2023, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second-class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country (for CSC purposes this is classified as a country which does not appear on the DAC list of ODA recipients)
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship (note the university may be asked to state its procedures for verifying applicants’ financial status)
- Commit to return to their home country within one month of the end date of the scholarship.
Study experience required
Candidate applications will open soon, and closing in mid-December.