Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
Holders of these awards are required to be admitted as a fully-qualified student in a Master's or Doctoral degree program at the University of Regina.
PhD students must have a minimum of a first class average (equivalent to a minimum of 80%) at their previous institution. Master's students must have a minimum of 75% coming into their Master's and must maintain 80% throughout their Master’s program. University of Regina Graduate Fellowship (URGF) and University of Regina Graduate Awards (URGA) offers will only be given with an offer of admission to a thesis-based graduate program and including MAP's MFA's & PhD's Thesis Project (Research Creation Students).
There are three funding levels. Students may only hold one of the following awards:
1. UR Graduate Fellowship (URGF)
PhD URGF: A minimum of $20,000 per year, for up to four years.
Master’s URGF: A minimum of $10,000 per year, for up to two years.
2. UR Graduate Award (URGA)
PhD URGA: A minimum of $10,000 per year, for up to four years.
Master’s URGA: A minimum of $5,000 per year, for up to two years.
3. UR Graduate Scholarship (URGS)
URGS: At the academic unit’s discretion.
- In Good Standing– Students must hold and maintain a minimum 80% average. An incomplete and/or failing grade from the previous semester's work will render the student ineligible for support. Failure to continue to be fully eligible each semester while holding this scholarship, will require the scholarship to be canceled.
- Post-Program Maintenance - Students who are, or will be, in post-program maintenance (ie. have completed all formal credit hour degree requirements in the program and therefore register in GRST995AA, AB) are NOT eligible for these funds.
- Required - Grad Thrive Plus 800AA must be completed by the end of the first semester in which a student begins their program, in order to be eligible. Failure to complete this by the end of their first semester will require the scholarship to be discontinued.
- Registered Full-Time - Recipients of the UR Graduate Fellowships (URGF) and UR Graduate Awards (URGA) are required to be registered full-time in the semester in which the funding is to be received and, accordingly, are required to register in no fewer than 6 credit hours of course or thesis work pertaining to their program during the corresponding semester when there are outstanding, unfulfilled requirements (i.e. thesis or course credit) in their programs.
Study experience required
Each line faculty may determine the application and adjudication criteria against which they want to evaluate students, provided the students meet the minimum requirements, as described in the Terms of Reference listed above in Eligibility.