Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The Transitional scholarships are meant for funding activities which sharpen or complement your scientific profile during transitional career stages where there are no other employment options for the scholarship holder.
The funding period will be adjusted to a specific case and shall not exceed six months.
- A doctoral degree, rated at least "very good"
- A scholarship project that contributes to the expansion of your scientific profile,
- A positive evaluation by one professor regarding the suitability of the applicant and the quality of the project in terms of the relevant field of research;
- A formal affiliation to a Professor at Friedrich Schiller University, including the option to teach at the University.
Transitional scholarships may apply for:
- The period between submitting a habilitation thesis ('Habilitation') and the end of the habilitation procedure,
- The period between submitting application for, and the beginning of, projects funded by third-parties.
Study experience required
A letter of motivation presenting your career plan
A curriculum vitae in tabular form
A certificate of your university degree and your doctoral degree
List of publications
Research proposal for the scholarship project (up to ten pages), including proof of preliminary work for the project, detailed project schedule and work plan, a statement showing how the project is to strengthen your research profile and increase the chances of future appointments
A written statement of a professor at Friedrich Schiller University Jena regarding the quality of the project in terms of the relevant field of research and regarding the potential of the candidate for a future appointment as professor
A written statement of intent by a professor at Friedrich Schiller University Jena, confirming that the project in application is designed to be institutionally integrated and supported by her/his department