Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
UEA+Sport offers a wide range of facilities through the UEA+Sport Individual Scholarship and support for our top athletes and sporting programmes, ensuring you have the best possible opportunities to maximise your potential whilst studying at UEA.
Financial support in an individualised financial plan (Elite and Excellence only - up to £1,500 for Elite, up to £500 for Excellence).
Gym and Swim Membership (currently worth £300).
Additional free use of training facilities at the Sportspark (facility access to be determined per individual athlete and availability).
Free uea+sport membership (USM) (currently worth £55).
Access to Strength and Conditioning support.
Access to physiotherapy.
Discounted sports massage.
Branded sports kit.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program.
- The current performance sports are basketball, football, netball, American football and rugby - but they also pride themselves on accepting scholarship applications from a wide range of other sports.
When determining whether to award a scholarship or the level of financial or other benefits to be provided under the Scholarship, they reserve the right to:
- take into consideration any other funding that is being received either through private sponsorship or NGB funding agreements.
- base their decisions on the breadth of sports applied for and those athletes involved.
- decline an application if it is decided they are unable to support the athlete to a reasonable level.
- prioritise certain sports over others.
Study experience required
Applications open 29 January 2024 and close at midnight 12 May 2024.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or sport at UEA please contact them via email.