Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The University of Regina Retirees Legacy Scholarship was established at the University of Regina by retired employees of the University of Regina to provide assistance to students excelling in their chosen area of study.
$8,000 each (up to 3 awarded annually - installments of $4,000 in each of two semesters) for graduate and undergraduate students. Any combination will be awarded based on nominations received.
The scholarship will be awarded to a University of Regina graduate student who meets the following criteria:
- former recipient of a University of Regina Retirees Legacy Scholarship at the undergraduate level;
- entering year one of a Masters or Doctoral program at the University of Regina (entering in Winter, Spring/Summer or Fall of the application year);
- registered and remains registered as a full time graduate student in at least two semesters in the first year of graduate studies;
- demonstrated excellence in scholarship in their chosen field of study and other merits as noted in the nomination form;
- minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 80% in their chosen field of study;
- may not have been a recipient of this scholarship at the graduate level.
Study experience required
Nomination is made by a faculty member on behalf of a student. A faculty member may recommend only one student in any year.