Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
- living expenses
- travel expenses
The Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships is provided by Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation.
Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in most fields to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment.
Since 1976, Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships have been granted to Indian students to read at top-rated American, UK, and European institutions in a full-time Masters, MPhil, or Doctoral programme.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel allowance and health allowance.
The maximum funding given by the Foundation is USD 100,000. If the total funding required (tuition + living allowance) exceeds USD 100,000, candidates must show evidence that they have the ability to cover the additional requirement needed at the time of making the online application.
- The Foundation looks out for the unusual, special talent and identifies candidates a flair. Once the Foundation is convinced of the candidates’ potential it does everything possible to accommodate a worthy candidate.
- The Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who have been continuously resident in India for the past six months, at the time of making the scholarship application.
- Candidates are expected to hold a high first class degree (minimum 60% or CGPA 6.30 or 2.4 GPA) or equivalent from a recognized university/institution in India.
- Candidates having a postgraduate qualification (e.g. Master’s or PhD) from an institution abroad are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have already begun their postgraduate education at an institution abroad are also not eligible to apply.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen at the time of the application. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission.
- Candidates who have an English language requirement as a conditional part of their offer letter, need to fulfill the same before making an online application for the scholarship.
- Candidates must have a valid firm offer of admission for the academic year to be eligible to make an application.
- Candidates can be a maximum of 30 years of age in the year of application.
- The scholarship applicants must be high achievers academically and otherwise and the Foundation will need proof of the same.
Study experience required
Application for the scholarship has to be made online on the portal which is accessible from the website. No physical application forms will be accepted.
Scholarships are awarded in May/June for commencement in subsequent August, September or October. If the scholarship does not commence within 9 months of it being awarded, it will be forfeited.