Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The purpose of this scholarship is to support postgraduate students at the University of Canterbury.
Financial assistance at a value of $5,000.
- Category A scholarships are tenable during full-time study in a programme at the University for an undergraduate degree, in a recipient’s first year of enrolment in a degree programme.
- Candidates for Category A scholarships must:
- Have completed or be completing a university entrance qualification; and
- Have been studying at secondary level in the year of application (or, in the case of a gap year, in the year immediately prior).
- Category B scholarships are tenable during full-time study at the University in:
- The final year of a programme for an Honours degree; or
- Any year of a programme for a postgraduate degree or a postgraduate diploma. In making its recommendations the selection committee will consider:
- Academic achievement;
- Involvement in sporting, cultural and/or community activities; and
- Affinity with the objectives of the University of Canterbury Alumni South Island Chapter, as demonstrated in a brief statement required as part of the application.
Study experience required
Applications must be made online at the Scholarships website by 15 August.