Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The scholarship was created to help students complete their doctoral studies and to emphasize the higher education community through four selection criteria.
The scholarship is worth a minimum award of $500.
- Be doctoral students enrolled in the higher education concentration.
- Have completed at least 24 semester credit hours of EAF coursework.
- Have at least a 3.25 GPA.
- Demonstrate integrity, a commitment to a career in higher education, and leadership on behalf of the higher education community.
- Academic achievement: The candidate must be a contributing member of a higher education community and demonstrate satisfactory academic achievement.
- Commitment: The candidate must foster community by demonstrating a commitment to a career in higher education. One can demonstrate commitment without having extensive experience.
- Integrity: The candidate must demonstrate the following three components: morality, honesty, and sincerity. Morality gives recognition to ethical values and choices that higher education leaders must make. Honesty is truthfulness in dealings with others, including students. Sincerity is being genuine and open in relationships with both individuals and groups.
- Active leadership: The candidate must provide the momentum to create community.