Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The China Oxford Scholarship Fund (COSF) awards scholarships to students from the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong and Macau who have won a place for postgraduate degree studies on a full-time basis at the University of Oxford.
Up to fifteen scholarships are awarded annually.
- This scholarship is available for applicants who are national of the People’s Republic of China and ordinarily resident in the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong or Macau and who are applying to any full-time master’s or DPhil course at Oxford.
- Continuing Oxford students may also be considered, but preference is given to students who will be starting their first year of graduate studies at Oxford and those applying for this scholarship for the first time.
- Preference is given to those who are studying in the United Kingdom for the first time.
- Successful candidates are those of the highest calibre studying in any subject.
- They are chosen for their academic excellence, financial need, leadership qualities and their commitment to contributing to the development of China.
Study experience required
The application process for China Oxford Scholarship Fund (COSF) awards is completely separate from that of the University of Oxford and you should apply directly to COSF. Full details of how to apply are available on the China Oxford Scholarship Fund website.