Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
- living expenses
- travel expenses
Trinity offers a number of undergraduate scholarships for international students. These scholarships are awarded to acknowledge the highest achieving students and to assist international students of limited means. Many scholarships are made possible by bequests and gifts that have been generously donated to Trinity over the years.
Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin and the China Scholarship Council affiliated with the Ministry of Education in China are offering a number of scholarships to Chinese students who wish to pursue a PhD at Trinity.
Trinity Global is happy to support interested students and academic supervisors with their application.
Each scholarship will include a full fee-waiver from Trinity, and a stipend for living costs, airfare and health insurance, provided by the CSC (bench fees are not included).
- Candidates must be citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application (excluding Macau, Hong Kong, and Taiwan). Chinese students studying overseas may be eligible for application subject to the CSC policy at the time;
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time master’s degree at a university in China. Bachelor's degree students who are in their last year wishing to pursue master-doctor combined programme can also apply if they have an unconditional offer letter/ letter of invitation combining master and doctoral study.
- For overseas Chinese students applying for full PhD study, only those who are in their last year of the Master studies, recent graduates (less than one year) and those who are in the first year of their PhD studies are eligible to apply for joint scholarship program. Overseas Chinese students are required to be nominated by the Education Section of the Chinese Embassy in Ireland after they have completed their Trinity application.
- Those who work as an employee at higher education institutions/scientific research institutions/administrative organizations/enterprises in China and have earned a Master’s-level degree are eligible.
- Successful students must return to China upon completion of their studies or research;
- Candidates must hold an unconditional offer letter.
- Candidates should satisfy the selection criteria set out the CSC.
Study experience required
Between mid-March and early April students must apply for the scholarship online to the CSC.
Students should check actual dates on the CSC website in Chinese as these can vary.
CSC will evaluate the candidates according to CSC requirements and priorities. Trinity Global will inform the supervisors of the outcome of the process in June.