Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
- living expenses
This scholarship supports students for study towards a PhD at Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury.
The scholarship is worth:
$6,000 financial support during 12-week project;
NZ$28,000 per 120 points of thesis enrolment;
- Qualify for admission to the PhD at UC. In cases where a potential student demonstrates particular promise but does not yet meet the research experience requirement of the PhD (and by prior negotiation with the Dean of Postgraduate Research), accelerated admission to the PhD may be approved;
- Have completed their most recent study at a University in New Zealand, within the last 5 years, prior to April 2023;
- Candidates must currently reside in New Zealand;
- Exhibit a minimum GPA of 7 in the last two years of study;
- Not be enrolled in a course during the project period, unless prior approval has been obtained from the Dean of Postgraduate Research.
- Recipients should normally be enrolled in the PhD programme by 1 July in the year following their application for the scholarship
Study experience required
Successful completion of a UC Aho Hīnātore | Accelerator project scholarship is considered an application for this scholarship. No further application is necessary or possible.