Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
- travel expenses
The University of Kent and the China Scholarship Council are jointly providing up to 20 fully funded PhD scholarships per annum for Chinese students to study at University of Kent's UK campuses.
Full tuition fees at overseas rate, living stipend, a return airfare from China to the UK, medical insurance and a one-off reimbursement for UK visa costs.
- Have submitted an application to study PhD (full-time, September entry only) at one of their UK campuses before you submit your application for this scholarship.
- Have a strong academic background and excellent research skills.
- Be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application. Unfortunately, applicants from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan are ineligible.
- Be a permanent resident of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application. Chinese citizens working abroad are therefore ineligible. Chinese students currently studying overseas, however, are eligible.
- Satisfy the selection criteria relating to current study and employment as set out by the CSC on their website.
- Agree to return to China for two years upon completion of their studies and/or research at Kent. Some exceptions apply (for example if the student is offered a postdoctoral position at Kent, they are allowed to postpone their return to China).
Study experience required
You should follow the university’s standard process to submit your PhD application.
Please note you can only choose full-time as your study mode and September as your start date if you wish to apply for this scholarship.
Once you have submitted your PhD application, you must send a confirmation email attaching the following documentation to your email:
Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Transcripts.
Statement of Interest (500 words max) - "Why I am interested in applying for a PhD at the University of Kent". Please include your applicant ID with your statement.
Your scholarship application will be assessed by the school in which you are applying; successful applicants will be invited to an online interview with the school.