Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
- living expenses
King's College London and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) hold an agreement to jointly fund Chinese students to pursue research degrees (PhDs) at King's College London.
Up to 100 K-CSC scholarship awards are available for the 2023-24 competition.
Please be aware that students funded through this scheme must abide by any additional terms and conditions set by the CSC.
As part of the agreement between the CSC and King’s College London, successful students have their full international tuition fees covered by the university and receive, from the CSC, an annual living allowance (rate set by the CSC) plus overseas student health cover, return airfare to London and visa application fees. The Scholarships are valid for up to 4 years.
You will not be asked to pay any ‘bench fees’. These should be waived or covered by the relevant supervisor/department/faculty at King’s.
To be eligible, you MUST:
- Be a citizen and permanent resident of the People’s Republic of China (and hold a Chinese passport);
- Be due to commence a full-time MPhil/PhD research degree programme at King’s College London in the 2023/24 academic year (i.e., from Oct 2023 and by no later than June 2024), with an aim to complete the PhD degree;
- Satisfy criteria set out by the CSC, e.g., relating to age (up to 35yrs on application), education, and employment. Please to refer to CSC website for full details (http://www.csc.edu.cn).
- Agree to return to China upon completion of your scholarship/degree;
- Apply to King’s College London for the scholarship (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’) by the deadline of 2 Jan, 23:59 UK time;
- By the deadline of 16 Jan 2023, 23:59 UK time:
- have submitted all the required documentation to support your King’s admissions application;
- have met the English language requirements for your chosen research programme;
- ensure that your referees have submitted their reference(s) to support your admissions application;
- Also, follow the separate CSC application procedure and submit the required documentation to the CSC by its stated deadlines.
Study experience required
King’s College London accepts applications for the K-CSC awards up until 23:59 UK time on 2 January.