Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
- living expenses
This scheme provides academically excellent Chinese students with the opportunity to study for a PhD at the University of Sheffield.
The scholarships are supported jointly by the China Scholarship Council and the University of Sheffield.
The University of Sheffield will fund tuition fees for 3.5 years.
CSC will fund a grant for living costs for up to 4 years, and one return flight from China to the UK.
To be eligible for a CSC scholarship:
- You must be applying to start a new full-time PhD programme at Sheffield
- You must have a strong academic background
- You must be a national of and reside in, mainland China (not including Hong Kong or Macau)
- You must also be intending to return to China once your programme is completed
- You will require an unconditional study offer from the University of Sheffield including meeting both academic and English language criteria
- Satisfy all of the CSC's selection criteria
Study experience required
All applicants are required to submit a study application via the Postgraduate Online Application Form.