This contribution can be in the form of new knowledge, or of significant and original adaptation, application and interpretation of existing knowledge.
The Doctor of Education (EdD) at CQUniversity Australia is governed by the Course Rules for Masters Degrees by Research, which provides details regarding all aspects of admission, progression, submission and examination of the thesis.
A higher degree by research is usually required for an academic career or a professional career in research. Many other discipline-specific employment opportunities exist as employers recognise the skills developed through a degree by research course are widely applicable in the workplace.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Doctor of Education is a course of supervised research and study that may be undertaken in a range of possible fields.
- Your research will lead to the submission of a thesis, which makes a significant original contribution to knowledge.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 5 other PhDs in Teaching in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A person may be considered for admission to candidature for the degree of Doctor of Education if the person:
- has not less than five years of professional experience in education;
- has fulfilled such other requirements as the Committee may determine from time to time; and
- has qualified for the degree of Master of Education (Research), a coursework Masters degree; or
- has been awarded the Bachelor of Learning Management with a minimum of Honours IIA at CQUniversity; or
- has such other qualifications and experience as are considered by the Committee to be equivalent to or an adequate substitute for any of the qualifications listed above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29628 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29628 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.