The Doctor of Philosophy at CQUniversity Australia is governed by the Course Rules for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy which provide details regarding all aspects of admission, progression, submission and examination of the thesis.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is a course of supervised research and study leading to the submission of a thesis which makes a significant original contribution to knowledge. The course is governed by the Course Rules for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy which provide details regarding all aspects of admission, progression, submission and examination of the thesis.
Why Study at CQUniversity
Between our reputation for learning, teaching and research, our renowned online education offering, and our status as Australia’s largest regional university, rest assured you will get a world-class education when you choose CQUniversity.
A pioneer in online study, CQUniversity has more than two decades of experience providing high quality online learning experiences across the country and even internationally. We work hard to deliver the latest techniques in online study, and have even planned our physical sites to provide more services to our widespread online study cohort.
Career Opportunities and Outcomes
A higher degree by research is usually required for an academic career or a professional career in research. In addition, many discipline-specific employers recognise the skills developed through research degree are applicable in the workplace.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- CQUniversity is truly focused on our students’ needs, and that means responding to what, how and where they want to study.
- It is why we are now Australia’s largest regional university, with more than 20 metropolitan and regional locations across five states, delivering TAFE and university qualifications in on-campus, online and supported online modes to more than 30 000 students.
- CQUniversity’s strong focus on student experience ensures that you are prepared and supported on your student journey.
- Support services include on-campus or online orientation to assist your transition into university life, course and career advice, financial support options, study support, ongoing assistance through the Student Mentor program, counselling services, support for students with disability or medical conditions, Indigenous student support and more.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 36 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a Masters degree either by research or with a substantial element (typically one-third) of research work within it, from a university or any other approved institution
- a Bachelor degree in an appropriate discipline with first class or second class honours conferred by a university or any other approved institution
- a Bachelor degree in an appropriate discipline in addition to completion of the CQUniversity Graduate Certificate in Research with an average of distinction level of achievement, or
- alternative qualification/s and/or experience deemed by RHDC to be of equivalent scope and standard to those listed above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27955 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27955 AUD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.