Generally, applicants for admission at PhD in English Literature and Comparative Cultural Studies at University of Cyprus level must hold a Master degree (or equivalent), awarded by a recognised University in a subject related to their proposed field of study; alternatively, they must show evidence of their ability to conduct research. Although candidates need not have completed their degree at the time of application, they must have received it before they are allowed to commence the PhD programme chosen.
PhD programmes do not necessarily recruit students every year. Please, check on the relevant announcements of the Graduate School for updated information.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- While there are no taught PhD programmes, the Department does offer PhD degree schemes in subjects related to all research interest areas of its academic faculty.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Literature Linguistics View 3 other PhDs in Area & Cultural Studies in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A full CV in English.
- A certified copy of their BA degree and their BA degree transcript.
- A certified copy of their MA degree – or an official document certifying that they will have graduated before the start date of the PhD programme for which they are applying – and a certified copy of their MA degree transcript.
- A brief statement of interest (from 500 words, up to 2 pages), which describes the reasons why the applicant wants to join the particular postgraduate programme, his/her interests and plans for the future.
- A preliminary research proposal (of approximately 1,500 words) that describes the applicant’s proposed research topic.
- Writing samples in English (which, in the case of PhD applications, must include a copy of the applicant’s MA thesis).
- For applications to the PhD programmes, three recommendation letters are required.
- Certificate of English language proficiency.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 36 months.
- PhD students holders of master's degrees: Total fees €4.000.
- PhD students non-holders of master's degrees: Total fees €6.500.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.