The Psychology programme from University of Nicosia focuses on developing the skills necessary for graduates to become independent researchers at post-doctoral level. The program comprises several areas of specialization; however, candidates will have to propose projects within the specialist areas within the supervisor’s fields of expertise.
Doctoral students are expected to design and execute an independent original research project and produce a Thesis. Through their research project students are expected to evidence an original contribution to knowledge, develop or apply innovative research or intervention methods, and as a result advance scientific knowledge in an area of Psychology.
Specific aims of the program are to:
- Develop students’ in depth understanding and critical analysis of current literature and research methodology in the field of Psychology.
- Enhance students’ research skills and facilitate the development of expertise relevant to their research specialization area.
- Educate students in how to disseminate research findings, through publishing in academic journals and/or presenting their work in academic conferences and seminars.
- Prepare students to conduct high quality and internationally recognized independent research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
By the end of the period of doctoral study, students are expected to:
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of a specific field of Psychology and mastery of the skills and methods of research associated with that field
- Demonstrate the ability to conceive, design, implement and adapt a substantial process of research with scholarly and ethical integrity
- Have made a contribution through original research that extends the frontier of knowledge by developing a substantial body of work, some of which merits national or international refereed publication
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and construction of new and complex ideas
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Application Deadlines for European and Local Students - Please call the Office of Admissions
DisciplinesPsychology View 4 other PhDs in Psychology in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Candidates need to provide with their application:
- An accredited Bachelors degree
- An accredited Masters degree
- Initial Research Proposal (Information on how to prepare the proposal available on the “Regulations for application proposal” document)
- Statement of Purpose: Applicants are required to submit a comprehensive letter outlining their academic and individual competencies and state why they believe they are suitable for admission to the Program. The statement should not be more than one page long (Times New Roman 12, single spaced)
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must obtain two recommendation letters from individuals who have known the applicant in an educational and/or professional environment. At least one of the recommendation letters must be from an academic institution where the applicant has studied previously.
- English Language Proficiency: TOEFL (paper based test 600, computer based test 250, internet based test 100) or IELTS 6.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.