The semester structure has been removed, different subjects are integrated into a uniformly structured range of courses and it is possible to switch into the doctorate programme without a master's thesis, thus shortening the period of study. All courses on the Molecular Biology programme from University of Göttingen are held in English.
- During the first year, lectures, tutorials, seminars, methodical internships and individually tutored research projects take place within 36 weeks.
- Lab rotation and individual tutorials as well as the involvement of lecturers from Max Planck institutes guarantee work that is hands-on and research-oriented.
- The first year of study ends with one written and two oral exams that qualify for the master's thesis.
- These may be omitted if good or excellent grades have been attained during the first year of study, allowing the student to switch directly over to the 3-year doctorate programme.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree (or an equivalent degree) in biology, biochemistry, medicine, chemistry, or related fields. Applications are welcome even if the required degree has not been awarded by the time of application as long as this will be conferred before courses start in October.
- Applicants who are not native speakers of English should demonstrate adequate competence of the English language by acceptable results on an internationally recognized test (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, APIEL, CPE). Participation in such a test is recommended but not mandatory, as language skills can also be evaluated during the personal interviews with selected candidates (see Admission). Proven higher education in English or a reasonably long stay in an English-speaking country are also acceptable.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Göttingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.