Students on the Applied Statistics and Empirical Methods programme at the University of Göttingen will have to find a supervisor and funding for their thesis project before applying. The supervisor has to be a member of the Centre for Statistics.
The Ph.D. program is especially designed for
- Ph.D. students who are interested in a statistical or empirical PhD project
- Ph.D. students who's supervisor is a member of the Centre for Statistics
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Generalized Linear Models
- Methods of Statistical Inference (Likelihood & Bayes)
- Time Series Analysis
- Multivariate Procedures
- Statistical Programming with R
- Spatial Statistics
- Longitudinal Data
- Time-to-Event Analysis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- sound knowledge of basic statistics and methodology (30 ECTS or equivalent; with 15 ECTS a conditional admission is possible)
- adequate skills in English language (language requirements)
- a Master or Diploma (or equivalent) in one of the following fields:
- agricultural sciences
- computer sciences
- forest sciences
- social sciences
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Göttingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.