The academy is a thriving data science community, in which postgraduate education, innovation, entrepreneurial activities, lifelong learning, and scientific research are integrated. A major part of the PDEng program Data Science is related to real-life, cross-functional projects with partners in the data science ecosystem. The academy is located in the city of 's Hertogenbosch, in the former convent Mariënburg.
Data Science is concerned with the problem of finding patterns and creating value from vast streams of data in the context of a data domain.
The Data Science programme at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) combines statistics, computer science, mathematics, and design theory with the business acumen to explore data sets, gather insights, visualize results, and communicate meaningful findings to stakeholders taking into consideration underlying ethical and legal aspects.
A Data Science graduate:
- Properly applies techniques from statistics, computer science, and mathematics in a variety of data domains.
- Shows curiosity with the desire to discover, distill, and model a problem down to a clear set of concepts and hypotheses to be tested.
- Uses data to tell a story and communicate that story effectively to stakeholders.
- Demonstrates cleverness to look at a problem in different creative ways.
- Collaborates in teams and with a variety of stakeholders to get optimal results.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThe main themes of the program are:
- Collect, explore, analyze, interpret, and present huge data sets
- Approach data and domain problems from multiple perspective
- Create value for organizations by designing novel data driven solutions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates possess an academic master degree (MSc) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or in a relevant application field of Data Science such as Econometrics and Bio-informatics. The MSc-degree is from an accredited institution comparable to the Eindhoven University of Technology or Tilburg University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Trainees do not have to pay tuition fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.