Within the Design of Electrical Engineering Systems (DEES) program, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) offers two PDEng tracks:
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Healthcare System Design (HSD)
The design of innovative consumer products and professional systems that communicate with their (global) environment (e.g. wireless and electro-optical communication) is extremely challenging.
This leads to many new solutions, for example embedded software, monolithic integrated (opto-) electronic circuits in the field of telecommunication, medical applications and consumer products.
The ICT programme educates you in the design of systems that can process, store and convey information in every sense of the word. This programme includes describing and simulating circuit parts and designing and constructing system parts and components. In addition, the interaction between hard- and software is fully addressed.
After successfully completing all parts of the study programme students will receive a certified diploma. A certified PDEng has in-depth knowledge of design processes, theoretical as well as practical, which clearly distinguishes him/her from a ‘normal’ MSc.
The ICT program trained (over 20 years now) more than 200 Technological Designers in Information and Communication Technology. They have found challenging and exciting jobs in (multi)national companies, including Philips, NXP Semiconductors, ASML, Océ, Ericsson, Infineon, TNO, Vodafone, and many Small to Medium-sized Enterprises (SME’s).
- Technology and design
- Domain specific specialization courses
- Professional and Personal development
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Engineering project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Informatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The programme Information and Communication Technology is open to recently graduated MSc students from top universities only.
- More specifically, application is only open to those candidates holding an MSc degree that is recognized by the Netherlands Organization for International Cooperation in Higher Education and to those candidates who have passed a regular post-BSc scientific study programme of at least two years in the fields of Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics.
- Admission standards are high in order to maintain the quality of the programme. Good marks, technical background, possible work experience, motivation and personality are decisive factors.
Because you are a trainee, you do not have to pay a tuition fee.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.